Hey there readers! Its time for the next DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU MONTHLY WRAP-UP! Happy May!
April was a total storm for my schedule, but I somehow managed to make sure reading was a priority and boy did I blaze through some books!! First, though, a quick haul.
MONTHLY BOOK HAUL
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs: I got a copy of this at a library sale since I am planning on rereading this spectacular series soon. If it looks interesting to you my review of the first book is here.
- Worlds Collide by Chris Colfer: Thanks to the library sale again for a copy of this book from Chris Colfer’s amazing middle-grade series!
- The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige Mckenzie: I don’t know much about the YouTube series that this is apparently based on, but the description of a mysterious haunted house lured me in and I can’t wait to read it!
4. The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu: I am a huge fan of the Shadowhunters franchise and I’ve been waiting for this book that stars one of my favorite characters ever, Magnus Bane, for what feels like forever. (I also already read it–highly recommend).
- School of Awake by Kidada Jones
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe (for school)
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare (YAS!)
- Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu (DOUBLE YAS!)
- The Warcross duology by Marie Lu
- The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien
So far the number of books read this year is….. *drumroll* twenty three! I honestly don’t know how I read so many books this month!
SONG OF THE MONTH
The song for this month is “Boy with luv” by BTS Ft. Halsey! I absolutely love this band’s whole new album and this song is particularly happy and sweet.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“As we all have an infinite capacity to make mistakes, we all have an infinite capacity for forgiveness.” — Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
Happy reading 2019–Let’s fly together!