I’ve got lots of posts planned out for this next month, which is a relief since I am starting college courses and might get swamped (eek). Before I got into those, though, I had to do an August wrap-up.
My reading has grown a little less productive this month, because I decided to set lower reading goals for myself (this felt like a weight off my shoulders, so it was definitely a good decision), but I still read some great books. Let’s get into it!
- Crash by Lisa McMann: This was recommended to me by a friend and sounded like an intriguing premise, so I snagged a copy.
- The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron: I literally just bought this book on a whim because it takes place in Victorian London (it doesn’t take much, does it?).
- Let The Storm Break by Shannon Messenger: I wanted to continue this fascinating series, which you can find my first review of here.
BOOKS I READ IN AUGUST
- The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson
- So B. It by Sarah Weeks
- The Copper Gauntlet by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
BOOKS READ SO FAR IN 2019
The total after this month is now… 51!
SONG OF THE MONTH
This month I chose “Umpah Umpah” by Red Velvet as my recommendation, because it is such a fun and happy song to end summer with.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“You have to try. Trying is the first step to whatever comes next.”
– Maureen Johnson
Good luck for the first few days of school and happy reading!