Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful November and are ready to get into the holiday spirit (put on that Pentatonix music!). This month has been the best month of blogging for me since I started back in 2017 and I am so thrilled that more people are enjoying my posts and that I am feeling so inspired to write! This was also a great reading month for me so let’s get into another du-du-du-du-du-du MONTHLY WRAP-UP!
MONTHLY BOOK HAUL (it’s a lot lol, so I decided not to include preorders in these lists until they are officially released)
- The Diviners by Libba Bray, which I will soon be reading for a book club I participate in!
- All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban, which I finished reading and will post a review for soon!
- I won a giveaway that included Klaus by Grant Morrison and Dan Mora as well as several of Roshani Chokshi’s books: The Gilded Wolves, The Silvered Serpents, The Star-Touched Queen, A Crown of Wishes, and Aru Shah and the End of Time.
- I now finally have my own copy of Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, which I will hopefully reread someday.
BOOKS I READ IN OCTOBER
- A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
- The Clockwork Ghost by Laura Ruby
- Ecotopia by Ernest Callenbach
- All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- Reread of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
BOOKS READ SO FAR IN 2019: sixty-five!! I feel confident I can reach seventy by the end of the year.
SONG OF THE MONTH
I have been alsolutely loving Lucy and La Mer’s music recently and if you like ukeleles, positivity, and pure talent then I highly suggest her music. My personal favourite song at the moment is “Simple Life”.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“It’s funny how a flame can only burn your hand if you move too slow, you can tease it all you want and it never gets you, if your quick enough.”
— Neal Shusterman