Welcome to the first Top Ten Tuesday of December! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly listing book meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl where you list your top ten responses to the prompt. This week the prompt is “Holiday”, which means I get to create a list of books that I think are perfect for reading during the holidays. The thing is, I haven’t read very many specifically holiday-themed books, so this list is partly just books that I think are good to read during the winter in general.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore will always be a classic and heatwarming bedtime story.
- The Nutcracker in its many forms and adaptations will always seem very special at this time of year.
- Harry Potter will always seem extra magical this time of year and all the books include a chapter or two about Christmastime.
- People Like Us by Dana Mele simply because boarding school books always seem to have great holiday scenes.
- Charlotte Holmes Series by Brittany Cavallaro (yay winter scenes).
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson because, yet again, boarding school mysteries seem perfect for reading at the holidays for some reason.
- Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder since they are so cozy and fuzzy feeling.
- Stain by A. G. Howard seems to fit this season since it partially takes place in a kingdom of eternal nighttime.
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzie Lee has some beautifully written winter scenes from what I remember.
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery has some iconic christmas moments.
I hope you enjoyed my list and please share your post below if you participated! Do you have a favourite holiday read?