This year I created an entirely new system (aka the first ever system) for my TBR list. For the past few years, I’ve had a simple written list that was a messy jumble of random books I’d seen at the bookstore and friends’ recommendations. I decided to create a different way of doing things that was more organized and so ended up spending an hour and a half on Christmas creating my new list.
This year I plan to read three books a month for sure (my set TBR): One young adult, one middle grade, and one other book that is outside these two categories entirely (usually classics or other things I might not normally read). If I read any more books each month, I created a secondary list of other books I eventually want to get to (a secondary TBR). With this new wonderful system in place, I knew I wanted to share my monthly TBRs on my blog and decided that it should also be a post of its own since my monthly wrap-ups are already quite long posts. So without further ado, here is my January TBR!
January’s Set TBR
- This month’s YA read is Dangerous Alliance by Jennieke Cohen, which is a historical fiction novel with romance, mystery, and many Jane Austen references.
- This month’s MG read is A Tale Of Magic by Chris Colfer, which I had to put on this list because it came out over two months ago and I still haven’t read it.
- This month’s other read is a fantasy novel called Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. I’m excited to try something a little less mainstream this month!
Secondary TBR Hopefuls
- A readalong is starting this month for The Infernal Devices series to prepare for Cassandra Clare’s new book, so I am hoping to join in and reread this fabulous series!
- I would also really like to finish my reread of the Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children series before I read this author’s new book that comes out on January 14th.
- I’m not sure how many books I will be able to read this month, but if I make it this far I want to read Wicked Fox by Kat Cho, which has been on my TBR for too long!!
Thanks for tagging along on this month’s TBR! What do you hope to read this month?