This is a little late, I know, and my February TBR will be coming out tomorrow, but it is here nonetheless and I have many fantastical things to share! I have quite a long book haul despite the fact that I have this post about some recents additions to my shelf as well, but I’ve put some of the books together into a classic group for (hopefully) easier reading!
Also a quick announcement is that I am changing my posting schedule again. I’ve honestly been struggling to get posts done the past two weeks because this quarter I have a lot more homework than I anticipated and so I need to switch things up. I’m planning on keeping my three main posts (Wednesday’s Wondrous Writings, EarTHursday, and weekly book reviews), but I won’t be participating in Top Ten Tuesdays and other fun posts will come out whenever I feel like it (woohoo). Thanks for sticking with me while I learn about how much I can take on and now let’s get into this wrap-up!
Monthly Book Haul
- I bought several classics from a second hand store, which I am excited to educate myself on: Dracula, Emma, Frankenstein, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, which I am excited to finally read since it seems I may be the only Young Adult fantasy fan who hasn’t.
- The Hand On The Wall by Maureen Johnson: I can’t wait to see how this mystery ends!!!
Books I Read in January
- The Graveyard Book (Graphic Novel) by Neil Gaiman
- Dangerous Alliance by Jennieke Cohen
- A Tale of Magic by Chris Colfer
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (this was a reread)
Song of the Month
I honestly have to say the entire original soundtrack of Moulin Rouge, which is an amazing movie!! I specifically like the “Elephant Love Medley” song, which is especially exciting and so easy to passionately sing along to.
Quote of the Month
“Every accomplishment in history started as an unrealistic goal.”
— Chris Colfer
Thanks for reading! What did you read in January?