Hello all! I hope you are doing alright whenever you are and whatever your situation may be. I am sharing my monthly wrap-up today, which will luckily be less extensive than usual since I only went to the bookstore once (I am just as shocked as you! Unless you aren’t shocked, in which case, perhaps you don’t know me very well). I also didn’t read as many books as I’d hoped to, which is strange considering how much time I’ve spent at home recently. Alas, I’ve been doing some much needed spring cleaning! Anyhow, on to the wrap-up!
Monthly Book Haul
- Naturally, I had to get myself a copy of Cassandra Clare’s newest historical fantasy: Chain of Gold.
- The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I got a copy of these two books since I loved the movies based on them and figured I should read the books at some point, too.
- I bought several novels by Louisa May Alcott that I hadn’t known existed until I got to the bookstore! One is a compilation of her short stories and the other two are called A Long Fatal Love Chase and The Inheritance.
- Finally, I got a copy of the final Charlotte Holmes book in paperback, which I can’t believe I waited so long to get. I’m very excited to finish reading this series!
What I Read in March
- Back to Lazarus by Judy K. Walker
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi
- Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery
- My re-read of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Monthly Song Recommendation
This month I have mostly been listening to music that has been out for a while and so my recommendation isn’t a new song. I highly recommend “God, I Hate Shakespeare” from the musical Something Rotten since it is not only hilarious and witty, but also so fun to try and perform in your bedroom! 😛
Quote of the Month
“Youth can not know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.”
― J. K. Rowling